Wednesday, July 4, 2012

'A Strange Dog in our midst'; Five Dogs in the Kitchen.

July 3, 2012.
 
I was planning to take it easy today, as I was a bit tired after a very busy weekend. But I needed to do a load of my laundry, so I did that, washed my dishes, and spent some time with my computer.

About 4:30, Jennifer phoned me and said they were all planning to go out for dinner this evening, wanted to know if I would like to join them. Of course, I said YES. I do enjoy dining out, but more than that, I enjoy spending time with the family.

She came to pick me up around 5 o'clock, and took me to their house.

Bill and Melanie had been at Tim and his friend's place, to help move their furniture out of one little apartment into another small apartment, and they would bring some of the things to Bill and Jen's to store in the attic for a while. We waited for them to come home and shower because of the awful heat of today and moving furniture and loading it into the trailer that Bill had rented. 

While we waited for the showering to be done, we were experiencing a fifth doggie in the kitchen, because the friend's puppydog, Lily Rose, came for a visit. It was quite interesting, to see eleven-year-old Princess, and nine-year old Lily, and good ol' Lucky, Jennifer's dog, and Em's young dog MoJo, welcoming and investigating the personality of Lily Rose. 

Lucky, the manager of Bill and Jen's home, barked relentlessly because Lily Rose was 'a strange dog in our midst', and yet he was very much interested  in Lily Rose. Lucky didn't put up such a fuss when Em's dog MoJo came to join the canines for the wedding weekend. I think that was because MoJo is 'a man', whereas Lily Rose is 'a nice young lady'. There are many things to consider when one is introducing a strange dog to the earlier canine residents of a home. 

We were engaged in the actions of these five dogs  for quite some time. Then Bill  and Jen decided to have Lily Rose outside in the back yard, and the other four dogs to be in the kitchen while we were gone to have dinner. 

Showers over, we finally got into two vehicles, three of us in one, and four of us in the other vehicle. We went to a restaurant close by, and got out of the cars to enter the place, when it was discovered that they were just then closing up for the evening. DRAT! 

We got back into the autos, and drove another mile or so to another restaurant, a Mexican one. We spent a lot of time looking the menu over, and chatting, and having a great time, and then finally we all were ready to give our orders when the waitress came back. Bill was having such a grand time speaking Spanish to the waitress. She could hardly keep her laughter hidden when he would say something in Spanish, I noticed. He did know many Spanish words, though. His accent may have been a bit off...

We had to wait for quite a while, but we were drinking our beverages, and reminiscing, chatting, teasing a bit, and just truly enjoying each other's company. There were seven of us, Tim and his friend, and Melanie, Emily, Jen, Bill, and I. We enjoyed the camaraderie so much. As I said, I love being with the family.

Our food finally came, and it was very good food, different, and so tasty. We were in no hurry to eat and run, so we leisurely dined and conversed. It was very nice, and I am so glad I said 'YES' to Jennifer!

It was almost 9:30 when we arrived back at the house. Then Jennifer said she would bring me right home while the men were unloading the trailer into the house. I said goodbye to Emily because she is leaving for Atlanta early in the morning. I'll see Melanie a few more times before she goes back to Pennsylvania. Tim and his friend, I hope to see now and then during the rest of the summer. 

My eyelids seem to be getting a bit heavier, and that is a signal for me to go to bed. So good night, all, and happy dreams to you. 

          I'll see you at the Corner Post...

No comments:

Post a Comment