Saturday, April 21, 2012

Keeping Company with Three Dogs; Report on the Weather.


Keeping Company with Three Dogs; Report on the Weather.                               April 21, 2012

Good Morning, everyone! I am keeping company with three dogs at their house, since Bill, Jennifer, and Veronica went to Nashville to visit 
Jen's parents. They are checking up on the parents. 'S funny, when We Cute Li'l Old Fogies are ''up there”, our children like to check up on us. 
It does make me feel good, though, that somebody cares! 

Bill fed the dogs earlier than usual, just before the departure for Nashville. I surmised that the dogs would want to eat quite early in the morning, like 4 o'clock or so, and I used my “noodle” to figure this out. I gave them each half of a big milk bone treat just before I went to bed at nine p.m. 

That was a good plan, because they were quiet and resting when I woke up at 6:30. Except for 2:20 a.m. when they needed to go out to pee. One of them gave a sharp, high-pitched yelp to notify me that it was necessary. That was almost better than my alarm clock ringing,
it made me immediately alert.

After about three or four minutes the yelp sounded again. I let them in, and they went directly to their sleeping places. It was peaceful for another four hours. 

I am up for the day, fed the doggies, and already, they are settled down for a long morning nap. As soon as I begin to make my breakfast in another hour, they'll get up and be underfoot, because each will want to be the first to see me drop some crumbs on the floor! It's one of their favorite pastimes, searching the floor in the kitchen and around the stove, sniffing and licking. They are, of course, adorable! 

Now for the weather: The thunderstorms that were forecast finally came, after some rumbling off in the distance, and thundering closer and closer. We had lots of rain, enough to satisfy the fields for about a week. 

But, and this is really displeasing, it is very cold out there, only 47 degrees, with the cold air coming down from the far north. The three doggies do not like it right now, because they have gotten used to the warmer temperatures this spring. They'll probably want to spend most of the day indoors, which is all right with me. The high today will be about 67 degrees. 

Are you all having a good time where you are? I hope things are fine and dandy for you.

Now for my breakfast. I’ll write more later…

Love, Mom - Grannamae - Anna Mae.




I’ll see you at the Corner Post…

No comments:

Post a Comment