Sunday, December 30, 2012

Visiting for Three Weeks in North Syracuse.

After living most of my life with snowy winters, I spent a few years in sunny climes. I began to miss the beauty of autumn leaves losing their green and turning into magnificent colors, and the first snowfall coming thereafter.

As each year went by, I missed seeing snow on the ground, drifts of snow after the wind displaced the fallen snow, and the swirling snowflakes of a blizzard.

This year I was lucky to spend three weeks with one of my daughters in North Syracuse. The weather hadn't been wintry for them in the north, and they were a little disappointed about the possibility of not having a White Christmas.

The year I went to Pasadena I had somehow caused it to hail, which was a very unusual happening. Then the time I went to Memphis, I brought some snow, which was very surprising to the residents. They even made a snowman with the snow that happened to come with me. So it wasn't surprising when I brought some lovely snowstorms to North Syracuse.

There was most certainly a White Christmas, with plenty of snow that made central New York state as white as could be. What a thrill that was for me! At last I could see the first snowfall, and I would ooh and aah as I hurried to the window to admire it.

The trees soon were laden with so much snow that the branches would bend a little. Every limb and every twig had a dressing of white. Roof tops began to be covered with a foot of snow, as well as front lawns and back yards were buried under a foot of snow. Fences were topped with that white stuff that I like so much.

Even birdhouses had their little roofs topped with snow, making a whimsical picture. I clicked my camera at so many beautiful sights.

The way the snow fell was quite interesting, too. Sometimes it would float down softly and slowly, sometimes fast and furiously, depending on the wind. At times the snowfall would be vertical, sometimes almost horizontal, depending of course on the speed of the wind.

I shall tell you some more of my love for snow, another day. When you go out tomorrow, don't forget your boots. The snow is rather deep...

I'll see you at the Corner Post...

No comments:

Post a Comment