Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My New Novel ... ; Tornado Warnings.


January 30, 2013.


As is done in the Charlie Brown strip, my first sentence is already in my head: "It was a hairy, scary night..." 

With the coming severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, it seemed to me that I could handle things. My son had emailed me saying he would pick me up to go to their house to weather out the storm. 

I emailed back that we could just see what happens before we made that decision. I really felt rough and tough, that I could handle the situation. Thunder is usually all right, 'cept if it is right over my head. 

But then, as I was staying home and the evening wore on, suddenly on the computer weather graphic, I saw "Tornado Warning" coming from the southwest, appearing to come right up my street. 

I got my hand flashlight, put it in my pocket, and prepared my mind to listen for the tornado siren, be ready to go right into the laundry room and shut the door. 

I kept looking at the computer graphic, praying that those tornadoes would dissipate 'right now'. As I was getting more and more tired and wished to go to bed, I thought I could leave my working clothes on, lie on top of the bed and cover with my fleecy throw. 

Dozing off now and then, I finally got up at two-something, and saw that the tornado warnings had gone east of Memphis. I then put my jammies on, and slept under the covers ...   UNTIL 8:25 a.m.!!!!  Doggone, the day is almost half over!  But I am safe and sound, Thank You. 

There must have been floods of water, because some of the new mulch is sitting on the front sidewalk. When it dries, I shall sweep it back under the bushes. -- And work on my 'new novel'...  


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for braving the storm! I love sleeping through thunder storms :) I think it's very calming. Glad you got some good sleep, too! And I'll be waiting for that novel.

    Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete