Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Rain Yet; My Squished Little Stuffed Elephant; Broken Glassware; Reviewing.

January 24, 2013.

Well, today turned out to be better than I thought it would be. There was supposed to be drizzly rain today, but now it's been put off until past midnight tonight. Bet your bottom dollar it won't even rain then...

This morning after I had breakfast, I just kind of dawdled out into the garage to see what I could see. Hmmmm, I hadn't done much work in there opening boxes, for quite a while. 

So I 'accidentally' did two hours' worth of work out in the garage! I kept coming in to have a drink of water, or to change the radio station, or to put something in the sink to wash, from the boxes. It gives me more exercise, walking to and fro. 

It turned out to be quite a nice couple of hours, except for my poor squished stuffed elephant! He's only eight inches tall. He looked so funny, so thin, his legs were not where they should be...  It seemed so whimsical to me when I found him. I hope his trunk gets a little loose and goes back into place ~ I'd like him to trumpet a hello.

His buddy Koala Bear was also in the same group. Koalas don't have much of a protruding schnozz anyway, and this fellow's nose was quite flat. I am working on him now and then to get his nose to relax and come out a bit. He's sort of 'bug-eyed' (which means wide eyes in amazement or something) -- he just can't believe what happened. 


The third in the group is a four-or-five inch light tan Teddy Bear with a little plaque about 'friendships', and a cute little flowered cape. He's also got a golden string on his back to hang him up somewhere so he can observe what's going on.  

Oh, I also found two flat lazy-susans. One is tan and 12 1/2 " across, the other is beige and 10 " across. I like them quite a bit, and plan to use them. It's good to see some of these belongings again. 

And, oh, yes, - ahah! - some broken pieces of dish ware, cups, etcetera. There's been a great deal of that along the way. 

I did find a few books, and other things that need going over, so that's where I'll be this afternoon if you need me... ;-)  


Be well, be happy, and remember your New Year's resolution. 

I'll see  you at the Corner Post...

No comments:

Post a Comment