Friday, October 11, 2013

Candles on A Birthday Cake; Getting 'Up There'.

October 11, 2013.



The birthday celebration last evening was for two of us having a birthday in the same week. One thing I want to talk about is that the candles on the extraordinary cheesecake were set a certain way for a reason: another member of our family is going to be thirty-one years old on his birthday tomorrow, the twelfth of October. On his half of the cake, candles were placed three plus one: three in a group and one an inch away. That designates thirty-one.

On the other half of the cake were placed six candles in one group and an inch away were another five candles. That arrangement designates sixty-five. That's my new age. Since I began to 'get up there' last year, I decided to just say that I am sixty-five. All members of my family do know how far I 'got up there' but they are accepting the sixty-five number.  

The gathering of seven of us was quite happy, as we all like to celebrate birthdays. We had a luscious dinner of chili con carne with a dish of white rice pasta, chopped onions, and grated cheddar cheese; a wholesome and hearty meal for this occasion. Then the exquisite gluten-free cheesecake made yesterday. 

After dinner, the table was cleared, and we played two rounds of Boggle. That was a lot of fun for us, and I really like that game. 

Soon, it was bedtime for a couple of the family (early to bed, early to rise), so the party broke up. We all went home and to bed, thinking about the charming Birthday Dinner. I am very grateful for it. The arrangement of the candles was very clever, in my opinion.


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment