Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Prelude to Hibernation.

November 5, 2013.

Good evening, each and every one of you.

It is 5:06 pm, but it feels like evening. It is so strange to me, these last few days since the time change took place ~ "Fall back one hour" doesn't seem like much time, but actually with our human bodies pretending to be bears, bees, and birds, it feels like a whole evening.  

Each day I have been munching a lot of food during the morning and afternoon, preparing to go to bed when late evening comes, as in hibernation. I don't like to eat before I go to bed, because of the G.E.R.D. situation. I become too uncomfortable to sleep peacefully, so I like to stop eating around four or five o'clock. 

But lately, it feels to me that I should be going to bed between five and six o'clock. The outdoors is suddenly getting so dusky earlier, and quite soon it IS dark out there. I am not enthusiastic to do much, then, and would like to go to bed for the night.  

In the morning, if I wake up around four o'clock, it feels as if it is five or six o'clock, and I'm ready to spring out of bed to begin the day. But after the regular trip to the little room, I get back into bed and may sleep about ninety minutes more. 

And it is getting cooler on some nights, so I must put my flannel blankie over the regular covers. I wonder just when winter will come ~ it has been balking for quite a while now. There are so many warm days, and-not-so-cool nights, that it gets a little confusing. Is this autumn, or is this already winter?

With such strange changes of weather during the last year, or year and a half, we wonder what kind of winter we will have this time. I truly miss the snow very much because I used to live in northern New York and northern Pennsylvania, but I wouldn't want the people of the south to bear very harsh winters. Does anyone know what kind of weather is coming for the next few months?  

Brace yourselves for the 90% chance of showers and thunderstorms tomorrow, the 6th of November. 

It is very dark outdoors now, so I think I shall practice getting into my cave for the real hibernation.


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment