Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Whole Wide World; Time; I'm happy.

An hour already spent on my computer! as if I didn't have anything other than this to do today. I have a list 'yay-long' of things to do. I haven't even eaten my breakfast yet, and I'm beginning to be peckish. The British like to say that, don't they? I like to hear the Brits speak, and I like British movies.

I am going through a couple of boxes today, it is slow but sure, and there are surprises at finding something whimsical and long-lost; disappointments in finding that beautiful little figurine that I like so much, broken. Moving so many times does cause breakage and chips and shards.

My collection of calendars is growing by leaps (leap years) and bounds, no, that doesn't fit here; or maybe it does -- I'm bound to collect calendars because I keep thinking of Time. Time seems to be going much faster than it was passing just a few years ago. I thought it was going too fast then, but it's going much faster and faster as I get older. My birthday is this month, and I cannot believe that I'm THAT OLD already!

I found a couple of calendars that I can use right now, because time seems to repeat itself. The present calendar I have tacked up is 1983, with all the months in sync with the current year's, 2011. There are a couple of other calendars with the same synchronization, but I can't remember which ones.

I spend some time clipping out recipes from magazines, when I could be doing something much more important. Why do we do things like this? At the moment we are engaging ourselves with something so mundane, we sometimes think, "Why am I doing this? I should be reading some more in that interesting book I started to read last week!" Do we do this to give our brains a bit of a rest, as people sometimes sit down to work on that jigsaw puzzle on the table? Things like that do give our brains a rest; we busy people need these little breaks.

Or do we do it because we are compulsive-obsessive? I like to peruse recipes old and new, and maybe THAT gives my brain a chance to relax. 'T is a mystery, as I like to say.

There are some old family photographs in a drawer that I could be putting in order and writing the names of people on them, and I spend time clipping out recipes???

There is the Whole Wide World to keep us busy. Maybe I shall widen my blinders and see what else there is to study, look at, think about, and sustain me.

This morning I looked on Facebook and the person had mentioned The Actors Circle on YouTube. I listened to that, and realized that I could be watching clips of that beloved TV show, that I had watched for several years. I don't get TV here yet, and that would be so much entertainment for me.

That brought on another thought: There is so much available out there in cyberland, that I don't even know about yet. I am not terribly computer-savvy, and I get into a rut sometimes, just doing the same routine when I get on the computer.

I am coming to the conclusion that I am very happy to be my own boss about doing the things I like to do, when I want to do them. There is so much to sift through yet, here in my new abode, and who knows if I'll ever have the time to do everything I want to? I'm taking it slow and easy, because age is creeping up on me, and I shall accept whatever Heaven allows. Whatever is left of my things to go through, my family will have to attend to that.

It is my hope that they will do it carefully and not just throw things in the trash cart, because there is the chance they might find some money or important paper somewhere! Remember how I was going through some small pile of stuff and found a small bank envelope, and my thought was, wow, if there'd be some money in here, but I didn't even complete that thought when THERE IT WAS! a twenty-dollar bill that I had forgotten.

Well, I'll pause here and eat my breakfast of cream of buckwheat while listening to Mozart...  There, the cream of buckwheat was tasty, and satisfying.

I'm a Libra.

I'll see you at the Corner Post...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are using a 1983 calendar. That is really cool. My mom also saved her calendars for years... but they were all written in. So when she first got dementia (she has Alzheimer's now) I could go back and read what happened on certain dates for all those years. Treasures, yes. What a blessing that not only is your mind sharp, your memories clear, but you're also a really good writer! I'm enjoying your blog. Write on!

    ReplyDelete