Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Getting Dark Before Three O'Clock!

May 31, 2012.



I have been unwell for a couple of hours, so I didn't do much except to sort junky papers, and it began to get very dark outdoors. I wasn’t paying a bit of attention to the outdoors, and was listening to some music to cheer me up.

I put on my shoes, and went out to the recycle bin with a 4 or 5 inch pile of junk, old newspapers, etceteRAH, and to see why it was getting dark all of a sudden. The sky was full of roiling, boiling, swift-moving, bunches of puffy dark clouds! I felt a couple of little raindrops, and I stopped to look all around at the sky, as it is ever so interesting!

The storm is coming from the west, towards the east, but covering north and south at the same time.

Thunderstorm! Thunderstorm! bringing possibly damaging hail, and this particular storm is hovering right over my portion of Mississippi! Right over Southaven! Can you believe it! I wasn't paying one bit of attention while I was doing that monotonous chore, and was most surprised when I realized it was very dark outdoors.

Now it's even DARKER than just a few minutes ago! I went back into the house, and said to myself: “OOOOH! I want my mommy!"

Gee, isn't it pitiful when you become frightened, and there's no one around to comfort you with a few nice words, or even a short hug, and your mommy has been gone these many years!    

Then it got really dark, and I quickly went out on the mini-porch. That heavy, roiling large cloud is right over my house. I went out on the sidewalk, and there were raindrops pelting down on me. The western sky is brighter, because this mass of clouds is heading east now. I didn't want to stay out very long, because I didn't want to be hit with a sudden lightning strike.

'S funny, about two hours ago, it was very sunny and nice out there. Now it is thundering a bit, and sprinkling, and it is also much cooler.

I think I'll put some happy, peppy music on, like polkas, to take my mind off the bad weather.

That's the news from Lake Wobegon ...  no, wait ..., that's a different program.

That's the weather news from my mini-porch in Southaven, Missipp.
You might notice that I enjoy talking about the weather!


I'll see you at the Corner Post...


No comments:

Post a Comment