Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Walk; Pretty Yellow Flowers; Lawn Watering.

May 26, 2012.


Good Morning, all of you many, I took my walk at 7:30 a.m., and it was good... sorta ...  I had to stop about four times to catch my breath. I was walking at a brisk pace, as brisk as I could make it. It took me fifteen minutes to get back to my front door. I took the regular route. 

There is a very pretty bright yellow, not as deep as the dandelion, a little lighter, but oh, so pretty! It seems to be a weed that is growing on several lawns. I noticed this morning, that each plant has a single, flowering tall stem, about 7, 8, or 9 inches high, each is different in height. They were, each and every one, turned to the sunrise! Such a beautiful stance of worship. I wanted to pick them all. Would any of you know what that pretty flowering weed is? 

I don't pick anything that is not on my property. Of course, now and then, I pick a little flower or sprig from the space next to the street, but not many. 

No dogs did I see, and only three people. One was a man using the weed eater on someone's place, his truck was parked out at the curb, with lawn equipment on it. The next person was a woman with a helmet on a bike of sorts, it squeaked as it went by. The third was a young man walking fast behind me, with a school-type backpack, and I stopped at the edge of the sidewalk to let him pass because I had to catch my breath. He passed by, his arms tattooed with what looked like graffiti, and a lit cigarette between his righthand fingers. 

Eeewwwww, then I had to follow him quite a few feet with that objectionable odor lingering because there was no breeze this morning. I wish that every single smoker would realize how dangerous cigarette smoke is. I know, do I ever  know! My dear Dad Joe died at the age of fifty-eight because of coal mining in his early years, and smoking for so very long. He couldn't breathe very well as the years passed. It broke my heart.

OOps, almost forgot, I must water the lawn, be back in a few minutes...  I'm baaaaack ~  oooohh, that was nine minutes, the hoses were all tangled up from their overnight wrestling tournament. Shoot! forgot about that tournament...  I should have put it on my calendar!

The lawn guys also removed the sprinkling stake that is in the back yard, I hope I get it put in properly. It's one of those that spurts water in a semicircle. I can handle recipes, cooking and baking, but I cannot understand these plumbing, yard work, and carpentry chores that men do. Bless 'em.

Now for my breakfast. You all have a lovely day, and a very pleasant weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment