Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm Up Again, Full Moon, Beaver Moon, Full Frost Moon.

November 28. 29, 2012.

Good Morning, one and all. Did the Full Moon keep you awake, also, as it did me?

Being very tired, I went to bed just before 9 o'clock last night. Slept like a charm. Got up at 1:15 a.m. to relieve myself, and couldn't fall back to sleep. Too many thoughts coming into my mind, because of the lovely Full Moon. The November Full Moon is called the Beaver Moon because it was the time to set traps, before the waters froze over. This Moon was also called the Full Frost Moon. 

Knowing I could not see the moon from any windows in my house, I tried to ignore it. The moonshine came through the little slits in the closed blinds in my room, and it kept drawing my attention as I was trying to get back to sleep. I would close my eyes, thinking I'd fall asleep, and then would look to see if the moon was still trying to cajole me to take a peek. 

So I got out of bed, put my warm socks on, my sweat jacket over my pajamas, and came into the living room. There was so much light, that I could walk around without putting the lights on. The computer lights under the computer table lit up the kitchen and the Full Moon shining through the closed blinds in the kitchen and the living room were tempting me so much that I opened the front door to see just where that Full Moon was. 

I stepped to the edge of the itty bitty front concrete (patio)(porch) which is about three inches from the ground, and looked up into the sky, and there it was! Directly above me, it was, at the zenith, looking so majestic with its accompanying 'star' near its side. Clear sky, brisk air, so gorgeous a Full Moon that I could have stood there for fifteen minutes taking in all its beauty and love. 

But it was not the thing to do, as old as I am, and sometimes unsteady on my feet (what would happen if I had tripped and fell down in that cold frosty air with no one around to help me up? ("Help, I can't get up!" ), so I came back into the house. Oh, I did take a couple of shots with my camera to document the brightness and the frost on the front lawn at 1:45 a.m., the beautiful tree across the street, and then the Full Moon at its zenith before I thought that I had better get back into the house. 

Now I sit here, telling you my story, and trying to decide if I should attempt to go back to bed yet, or stay up another while and make those cabbage rolls that I am thinking about. Some of the ingredients are in the fridge waiting for me to begin cooking. I think you already know that sometimes when I cannot sleep in the wee hours of the morning, I make cookies, or a nice soup, or do up the dishes that I let go because I was too tired to wash them last evening. 

I've been known to wake up at this time and get out of bed instead of tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. Did you know that in very ancient times, humans did have a wake-up period after midnight, and then after one activity or another, would get back to bed until the crack of dawn. I guess we do need eight hours of sleep per day, but not really all in one lump. 

Love and hugs in the Moonlight, I say again, "Nighty-Night..."
Mom - Grannamae - Anna Mae. 


I'll see you at the Corner Post... 

No comments:

Post a Comment