Friday, April 11, 2014

A Birthday Fellow; Preening Robin; A Few Word Specimens.

Friday, April 11, 2014.


Today is John's Birthday in Australia, but it won't be here until our midnight tonight. You can then re-read my email that I sent early this morning. We do have many pictures of all of our siblings, spouses, in-laws, nieces nephews, and grandchildren, but they are not all in the same place! Sometimes I cannot find what I want, in the photos.  


I did find a few pictures of our Birthday Boy (Birthday Person) (Birthday Man) to send along with the Birthday greetings. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mentioned at the beginning of this email that I am quite slow today. I lack in 100% enthusiasm. I'll bet I need to take a Power Nap. Or maybe read a book. I hope I won't have to get into bed very early, as I enjoy a very long day. I also enjoy a very long evening, too. 

When I visited the rest room I looked out the window to the back yard, and on the back fence there was a robin. I'll bet a nickel that it was the robin who just flew off the incubation nest on the elbow of the rain pipe at the neighbor's house, for a break. (I really wish to know if the mates take turns doing the incubating.) 

It was sitting on the top of the fence, in the very high winds, and it was grooming its feathers on its breast. That took a few minutes. Then it dabbled into its left wing. Each part of its body had a very good 'digging for gold' process, its back, its tail, wings, the lower part of his breast, and as high on the breast as it could go. I was going to get my camera, but I thought that it would fly away in a minute or so. I'll bet the whole process took about six to eight minutes. The wind was steadily blowing, but it had good grasps with the claws on its feet, probably. When it was nearing the end, it cleaned its beak from side to side on the wooden fence, as if it were sharpening a knife with another knife. I finally left the window while it was still there.  

I think the reason it was there so long is because it does not do any preening or active moves while it is on the nest-with-eggs, and it must do the necessary preening ~ this could also be cleaning themselves of parasites. 

I keep wondering how many eggs are in the nest keeping warm.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Do you know what these items are: moo; pit stick; and cackleberries? Think about this for a little while. May be I will give you the answer as I close this writing.

'Soccer' is a kick in the grass. 

"Old wine and an old friend are good provisions." ~ George Herbert.

A housewife was reading a magazine in the kitchen when the milkman came. "Next time you come, could you bring me ten gallons of milk?" she requested.      "Isn't that a lot of milk to drink?" he asked.      "Oh, I'm not going to drink it," she replied. "It says here in this magazine that taking a milk bath will beautify your skin and I figure it'll take about ten gallons to fill up the tub."       "Pasteurized?" the milkman inquired.       "No," she said. "Just up to my neck." 

And now, the answers to those three items above: moo is milk; pit stick is underarm deodorant; and cackleberries are eggs.   


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...   

No comments:

Post a Comment