Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Had Some Little Surprises Today.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014.

Today began as usual, after I had a really good night. I was so happily surprised, because sometimes I have Two Sleeps per night, and have to get up in the wee hours after Sleep Number One to keep myself busy ~ tossing and turning is useless; then I go back to bed for Sleep Number Two.


This morning I began to think that I should make some vegetarian cabbage rolls for myself and the freezer. I looked up a few recipes, and hatched my own recipe. It was cooking on the stove for about an hour, and when they were cooled a little, I tried one. Unbelievably luscious. What a tasty surprise! Maybe the kitchen muse was thinking this up for me overnight. I saved my recipe to do this again in a few weeks. 

When I was going out to the mailbox to see if there was any mail for me, I looked at the lovely clover bed by the driveway, as I always do, to see if there is a four-leaf clover for me. I found one a few days ago. I didn't have to look very long or hard today, and there it was, a large four-leaf clover  for me! PLUS, about a foot away there was a half-shell of a robin's-blue egg! My first of the season. I wonder how many hatchlings there are in the nest quite close to us.  

Around two o'clock, I was becoming quite tired, so I went to lie down on my bed for a little rest. I went to La-La Land so quickly, I could hardly believe it. There were two Power Naps, one after the other, about seven or eight minutes each. I rose quite full of energy.  

After that, I washed a load of slacks and several turtleneck shirts. I always feel satisfied when the laundry load is done.   

About four o'clock, I began to crave dessert of some kind. There is none here, so I began to think of what I could make. I wanted some kind of muffin-type treat. Banana-muffin came into mind. I looked up a couple of recipes, and wanted gluten free something, so I developed a recipe that I wasn't sure would work out. I was going to use almond meal. Went to the fridge to get it out, and 'shoot!', I had used it all up some time ago. Well, I made a simple batter and added some vanilla and dried currants, and poured it into a rectangular baking pan. Muffins take too long to fuss with, my muse told me, so I ended up with a thin layer of dessert. When it cooled, I lifted it out in quarters with a long pancake turner. To my great and happy surprise, it turned out to be quite luscious. I saved my concoction recipe to make it again.  

Today is Earth Day, and Esther's Birthday, so maybe that is why I had five good surprises. 

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment