Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rain and Thunder Are Forecast; A Few Other Items.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
Raina and Thunder Are Forecast; A Few Other Items.

Good evening, my darlings! I hope all is well with you! 


The forecast for the next day or two is for rain, possibly thunderstorms. There were storms over Arkansas but they seemed to lose their strength. 

I am so happy that the hurricane in part of Arizona has moved away a little. Some of our family lives there. I hope the storm dissipates!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Esther and Nathaniel are supposed to fly home to Denver tomorrow. May you have a very safe flight, Esther! Our prayers are with you, and I am so happy that you and Nathaniel could visit Grandma Marion and Grandpa. I hope you have been taking photos of the four generations while you are there, too, don't forget !!!

Also, a grandchild is leaving NYC tomorrow, to fly to the Mideast: may you have a very safe journey, a happy couple of months there, and then the flight back home. Our prayers are with you! 

First Lady Michele came to visit St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis late this afternoon -- her flight was delayed, so she was a little late.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was thinking today of how I enjoyed attending games, performances, and many different similar events, to see my grandchildren playing in sports, running, singing, playing instruments, performing on school stages, and more. This makes grandparents so happy. And, of course, I think of how I attended so many similar doings at our children's school. It was very often that I went to BRCS to see many of these happenings. I felt so relaxed at that school! Seeing your kids or your grandkids doing all those activities makes anyone so proud and happy about their offspring. 

I went to evening adult classes at BRCS, to learn how to paint. I think it was about 1966. That was such a joy! 

I also remember that I learned some Hispanic / Spanish from a female student from Mexico, in a daytime class. It was so enjoyable for me to learn! 

In later years, I went to Scranton University to learn about linguistics, and then happily took a semester of Spanish I. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
I've touched on several subjects, didn't I? I'll talk about one more. There was in the fridge, less than a pint of broth, and I decided to make a little soup a couple of hours ago. I cut part of a carrot into strips, 1/3 cup of fresh tomato, cut up some of those tasty, very small, sweet peppers (about five or six of them), added some seasonings; simmered it for a while, then added 1/3 cup of cooked chicken breast, heated the soup for a few more minutes. It was time to taste it. Oh, it's so delicious! I'll enjoy the soup later this week.  

Have a restful night's sleep! 

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...


No comments:

Post a Comment