Saturday, September 6, 2014

One of My Drawings; Rainless THUNDER.

September 6, 2014.

One of My Drawings; Rainless THUNDER.

And a few more items: Chore Guy; West Nile Fever deaths; new cookies; trying to listen to radio Garrison Keillor and TV Lawrence Welk at the same time. 

Hi, dearest ones! I hope all of you are having a very nice weekend!  

I was browsing in one of my journal notebooks in the last several minutes, and came across this short paragraph: 

[ I drew four similar pictures of “The yellow-throated loop-the-loop telling his pachyderm friend MakOOMba all about his flight to Sardinia the past summer.” It is cute – for the children. ]     

I have a question: WHICH FOUR CHILDREN RECEIVED THESE PICTURES? I would really love to see those four works I drew and colored. In the journal just a couple of days before, there was a sentence saying that when we (Gram B and I) had gone to a drugstore to pick up her medication, I bought some crayons to use in my drawing something for my grandchildren. This took place in the middle of February, 1993. I was staying with Gram B because of her chemotherapy and her being so sick. 

Rainless THUNDER: This is some story! The sun was shining, I was in the kitchen and the blinds were closed because of such heat outdoors. I almost never open the blinds because I cannot see much anyway. I heard a noise like someone throwing lumber into a pick-up truck. It was very sunny and bright when I glanced at the window. I kept hearing the lumber being thrown every few seconds, for about five times, and wondered who is loading lumber in the neighborhood, and how much lumber.   

I continued what I was doing, and then I heard in the distance, a soft rolling thunder. I quickly went to the back window, and was really shocked to see a very dark area on the horizon to the east. "Oooh," I thought, "that looks like a bad storm." But then I realized that the lumber-throwing sound was very close claps of thunder right over the neighbor's house.  They didn't sound like thunder, but WERE! 

Within seconds, more thunder was rolling in, closer and closer. As I looked out toward the north, it was quite dark and looked rainy. It is forecast that we have thunderstorms and rain before one a.m. tonight.  

Right now I am listening to the radio and the TV, Garrison Keillor and Lawrence Welk. Why don't these media people ask me what time they should put the programs on?  

There have been two deaths in Mississippi from the West Nile virus. Mosquitoes are apparently quite dangerous. Some computer research will tell you about how to avoid them. Some mosquitoes like certain colors, certain odors and fragrances, and there are some things that they don't like.  

One of the Chore Guys in my family lives not too far from me. A family is quite lucky to have fix-it people in their families. All four sons are 'fix-it people' and got it from their Dad. I am so grateful that my Chore Guy fixed some things this morning, like the kitchen faucet, and the mailbox. The mailbox had been "in an accident" when someone was texting as he/she passed by our place, and knocked the mailbox down. There was quite some damage to it, but of course the mystery person didn't notify us that it was his/her fault. We had it repaired by an outsider, once, and the fix-it person repaired it a couple of months after that. Today he came to do some other repairs to make the little door stay in place.  

I like very much to concoct recipes for some foods that I eat, like soup, and cookies. Do you ever do this? New cookies are great! "Try it, you'll like it!", as they say in some advertisements. 


I'll see you at the Corner Post ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment