Monday, September 22, 2014

What A Gorgeous Day! A Few Other Thoughts.

Monday, September 22, 2014.

This morning the sky was so blue!  It was such a lovely azure color of the whole sky, with not a cloud in sight; my oh my, how beautiful. 

This afternoon I went to see what the Mailman left, and there were about eight or nine fluffy little white clouds scattered all over that astonishing azure sky. The Mailman did not leave those clouds, they just came to see what he was putting in everyone's mailbox. 

Late this afternoon, I went out to check on my big azure sky ~ the western sky was a lighter color, and the clouds were all gone. The outdoor temperature is seventy-seven degrees.  

The announcer on the radio just said that Autumn is going to Fall this evening at approximately 9:29 p.m. I had been wondering exactly when Autumn WOULD Fall. 

I've been getting quite tired recently, and have taken a nap a few times this past week. This afternoon I lay down for a little while, and it turned out to be about forty minutes. I'm happy that my six-month check-up at my family physician will take place on Wednesday. I would like to know what is going on with this 'sixty-six-year-old' body! 

I am going to wash the dishes now, and settle in for a more relaxed evening.  

Last evening I watched Miss Marple in A/The Caribbean Mystery, and it was quite interesting and enjoyable. When I was in my twenties, I read many of Agatha Christie mysteries, enjoyed them very much! I was on a binge for mystery novels. Miss Marple was a  character in Christie's mysteries.  

When I went to a rural school for fifth and sixth grades, I would go to the little-town little-library to borrow and read all the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, and Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales. Now, that  was a binge, too! Before that, in earlier grades at a school, I read all the Bobbsey Twins books!  

Some of Hans Christian Andersen's quotes: 

Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.

Where words fail, music speaks. 

That's the nice thing about the world, my friend: People.

No one's ever really alone. 

Just living is not enough ... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

(Thank you very much, Hans!) 

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment