Tuesday, February 28, 2012

KA-BOOM!; Miss Irene's Bootie Camp.

This incident happened about a week before Easter of 2001 at Miss Irene’s Bootie Camp.  I wrote this down on April 15, 2001.


                                                              Such A Fright!


I was at our daughter Irene’s, asleep in the little bedroom at the head of the stairs, and she was in the kitchen serving breakfast to her daycare children.

I was awakened by a thunderstorm, and I lay there for a little while, listening to the
distant thunder. I was relaxed, thinking I’d get out of bed, but enjoying the sound of the rain, listening to the far-off rumbles of thunder.

I was concentrating on counting the seconds from the flash of lightning to the roll of thunder, to determine how far away the storm was, when all of a sudden there was an enormous clap of thunder which seemed to have been right above my head! This was accompanied instantaneously by a brilliant flash of lightning. Ooooooh! Scary…

It was awesome and brought great respect from me! I jumped out of bed, washed and dressed while my mind was creating a rhyme to tell the daycare children of it.

All the children were sitting around the kitchen table/bench eating their breakfast.
Miss Irene was preparing and serving second helpings to those wanting ‘more’. They all looked at me (as usual when I visit) when I said  “Good Morning!” And then I began my performance of reciting my poem/rhyme to them, rather slowly so they would understand every word and emotion, as a piece of conversation.

As I was reciting rather slowly and purposely emoting, I observed their sweet faces, most were listening very carefully, but Lizzie – how precious was her face – her eyes grew bigger, like saucers almost, her mouth hung open a little - she was SO totally engrossed!

This is what I related to them slowly, without saying it was a poem:

“After a quiet, and peaceful night,
I awoke with such a fright! -------
The thunder came
Crashing through the sky!
KA-BOOM!   KA-BOOM!
OH, ME! ………………… OH, MY! “

What a beautiful experience that was, for me! They seemed amazed at my “story” and it pleased me so much!  The relating of the “story” placed them right there to experience what happened to me. I can still see their faces, listening intently, and their facial expressions showed what they were hearing and seeing of my animation.

I miss those days…




I'll see you at the Corner Post...

No comments:

Post a Comment