Thursday, September 19, 2013

Finding a coin on my walk; I love birch trees.

September 19, 2013.

Good afternoon! It is always a bit exciting for me to find a coin. I always pick up a penny, even if it is ONLY one cent. As I've said before, if you have 99 cents, you haven't got a dollar, and a single penny can MAKE it a dollar! 


I found a penny on my walk this morning. As I was walking along, the sun was shining, and there was a small bit of reflection ahead of me. I picked it up, of course! In another area, I picked up a kind of maple leaf that was on the sidewalk. It is sort of medium size, with pretty   indentations. 

I also came up on an area of a lawn that needed a little mowing; the weed grass was higher than the lawn grass, and each clump of the long leaves of grass produced a stalk of probably seeds, that looked like a corn dog at the fair. The sunlight was backlighting the whole area with those glowing little 'corn dogs', and oh, how I wished I had taken my camera!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a beautiful sight it was!  

This morning I had taken my longer route, and it was so pleasant. My regular route is upgrade at the beginning, so I must stop to catch my breath. I was eager to make my route a bit longer, so I went on one of the old routes. It is mostly flat at the first part, and I made out quite well. 

On the route that I took this morning, there was a large bushy rose bush that was probably named Seven Sisters; bunches of small roses would grow on it. Well, to my utmost surprise, the whole bush was gone! The ground underneath was grassless, and I am wondering if they are going to put something else there.  

Oh, I wish to tell you that at one little corner of this longer route, there are two tall trees of the birch family. They have a very rough bark that peels into curls all along the length of the tree and all of the limbs. The twig-like parts of the limbs do not curl yet. The color of the trunk and limbs is shades of gray-brown. I always stop to admire those two trees, and ponder about where these might be prevalent. I've been trying to look up birch trees to find this certain kind of bark. 

My "a bit longer" route is quite nice, and it took me about twenty-three minutes this morning.  


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment