Monday, September 16, 2013

My Monday Walk; Quiet on the Street.


September 16, 2013. 

How do you do, my loved ones, on this day, Monday, the beginning of the week? I know for a fact that by Friday, we will all be saying, "Oh, for goodness' sake, is it FRIDAY already?" 

I went for my walk just now, left the house at 8:30, and came back in at 8:45. It was pleasant, being out there in the fresh(?) air. I mean that when I stepped outdoors, it smelled like laundry soap, and petrol, and other chemicals. I didn't know where they were coming from. The breezes hadn't arrived yet, to carry them away from my route. A gorgeous sunny day awaited me, as I walked out to the driveway, and some wispy white brush strokes joyfully painted some parts of the handsome azure sky. The wisps had been made by jet vapor trails in the beginning, and the upper air currents scattered them into brush strokes, nothing wild, just a pretty picture. Almost like going to the museum to look at lovely paintings. 

There were just a few birds that I saw today. Most of those other birds are gone to another area, since summer is just about over, and autumn is soon beginning. Three days ago, on my walk, I could hear a short chirp, and wondered what kind of bird it was, and where it was. I kept walking toward home, and the chirping became clearer and I stopped to look around. I finally found the bird  across the street! It was on a tall, quite round tree, at the very top, on one of the short branches, almost like the star on a Christmas Tree, half hidden by a leaf or two. I could see its head and shoulders, and it would look around and chirp. I couldn't identify what kind of bird it was, in size a bit smaller than a robin. I watched it for a few minutes, and could hardly take my eyes off it.

I did have to stop several times to catch my breath, and my hips weren't too eager to move the way I expected. This problem is quite difficult for me to solve. Is it something I ate yesterday that makes me stop for breath? Is it the way I slept during the night that makes my hips not peppy? To tell the truth, I think 't is a mystery! 

Things were very quiet on my walk, there were no students walking to school, hardly any motor traffic at all, just once or twice I heard someone's car door shut, and there was only one dog barking in the neighborhood today. This little doggie sounds like a small white poodle, and he/she usually barks behind the closed window where the thin curtains are drawn. He/she can see through the curtain, any movement. I wonder if the poor lil doggie doesn't go out much. 

Since I am usually on the opposite side of the street from this doggie's abode, I sometimes stop when I hear the barking, and look at that window, and wave my arm enthusiastically.  The other day, the thin curtain was open, and I could vaguely see the little  pet. I waved my arm vigorously to give my greeting, and he turned his head toward the inner part of the room, and told the master about me, then turned his head back to me. I waved goodbye as I began walking again. It is difficult to make a solid connection with this lil doggie, because I walk at different times for my exercise. I don't even know his/her name! 


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment