Tuesday, January 7, 2014

At the Gas Station; Hibernation.

Tuesday,  January 7, 2014.   At the Gas Station; Hibernation.

This guy was driving in Arkansas, and stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank.
He asked the clerk, "How far is it to Little Rock?"
The clerk said, "Oh, not really too far, it's just a stone's throw."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used to go to the local public library when we lived in northern New York, and I went there with a fairly large cardboard box. The librarian would be a bit amazed to see our big cardboard box! She soon discovered our love for books. Our six little children loved books, and I would read to them very often. As they got older, they would read books a lot.

We had only one vehicle, and their Dad would drive it to his work place every day, so when I went to the library I would get a whole boxful of books (it had been agreed to, previously). It would be quite exciting for the children and they would be eager to see what I brought. Books for the oldest down to the youngest. It really was a great pleasure for me.

Then a couple of years later, we moved to another small village, and I would go to that local library. I grew to love the elderly English lady who was the librarian. She, too, allowed me to take more than a few books because she knew that I would return them all.

On a certain day just after Christmas, I was in the library talking to my dear old librarian, when a local woman of mid-age came happily into the room saying "Good Morning!" She then said, "Mrs. Moore,  can you find me some books that I can take today, because in January, I do not go out much ~ I hibernate! I'll be needing a lot of books for this." She was quite pleased to tell about how she would hibernate with a pile of books.

I was quite surprised, about the hibernation. See? It is legal to do this. After the stress of Christmas and maybe some traveling, we have a right to keep to ourselves if we need to.

Perhaps that is why this unusual, very bad, awful, pernicious, icy winter came around. Think about it, you can hibernate for a whole month to recover from the stress, even if you have to go to work. Just come home each day and take it easy, letting some of the chores go.

Happy New Year!

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...


No comments:

Post a Comment