Friday, January 31, 2014

Seven Days Possible Rain, Ending with Snow/Sleet!

January 31, 2014.

Seven Days Possible Rain, Ending with Snow/Sleet!

... PERHAPS, if the Weather People aren't  LY---ing ! This reminds me of my daughter's day care called Miss Irene's Bootie Camp. There was a little boy who had a problem with taking a nap. When his mom came to pick him up, Miss Irene said "... he didn't take a nap today". They got into the car, and the mom said to her little boy,   "Miss Irene said that you didn't take a nap today."    He said, "Yes, I did."    She said, "But Miss Irene said that you DIDN'T  take a nap today."    He said with a little force and a sing-song manner, "She's LY---ing!"     (It was he who was doing the lying!)   I dearly like this little story! 

Also on Sunday night, a chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Monday a chance of snow! Tuesday night rain and snow likely. Wednesday a chance of rain and snow. Friday a chance of rain and snow. 

I don't think I'm dreaming, am I?     It seems like I'm way up in northern New York in the lake effect weather! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Late this afternoon I cut the bad parts of my spaghetti squash (I was so disappointed that it began to spoil in the fridge), and simmered what was all right, opened my lonely jar of Prego spaghetti sauce, and had a delicious small serving of spaghetti!! The spaghetti squash works out very well in place of pasta. 

I read on Facebook that my friend Kathy in northern New York makes spaghetti squash very often because her family loves it with spaghetti sauce. Now I know that it is really delicious, and I will try to buy another spaghetti squash!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you know that when it gets really cold, frigid cold, you must open the doors under the sinks so the pipes won't freeze, and you must let the faucets run in a trickle overnight? This doesn't usually happen in the south, but this winter is very strange. Let us hope that it won't happen again next winter. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watched a movie this evening starring Sidney Poitier, it was "Brother John", and I liked it very much. The movie was made in 1970, and I had never seen it. You might Google it to see what kind of movie it is. Sidney Poitier is a very good actor, and I've always admired his talent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
I think it is time for me to say 'nighty-night', hit the hay, jump into bed, go to dreamland, and sleep tight. May all of you have a wonderful night, too.  

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment