Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hibernating; Much Too Cold; The Brand New Baby.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014.

Hibernating; Much Too Cold; The Brand New Baby.

Yes, it's true, I was hibernating most of January, as some people do. The beginning of a new year is quite exciting, and it's cold, dark, and time to rest. Besides, when spring comes, we get interested in gardening, and being outdoors so much. January for us is the best time to hibernate.

But take a look at all those who love winter-time sports like skiing, snowmobiling, making snowmen, sledding down hills, shoveling snow, you know what I mean. Some like the deep winter, some like the warmer seasons.

The change in weather has been quite disastrous, with frigid temperatures, extremely cold blasts from the Arctic Circle, freezing rain, sleet, exceptionally deep snowfalls, canceling air flights, closing schools, and much more trouble.

If you've had an opportunity to 'hibernate,' I'm happy about that. As we get older, too, we cannot take so much cold weather. (Who said I'm older?) I keep telling my family that I am sixty-five, no, now it's sixty-six.

Are you eager to hear about The Brand New Baby? Time was passing the due date, and we thought that the baby should be coming along quite soon. Finally there was a signal, and the expecting mother was driven to the hospital. Nothing much happened most of the rest of that day, some laboring had been going on, but no great appearance yet.

The next morning family and relatives were thinking "This is IT!" Finally between mid-morning and noon, there WAS an appearance! A sweet baby boy made his debut and the close family and friends at the hospital were instantly thrilled. After about an hour or so, a picture of him was sent by computer so that all family and friends could see him. Many kinds of nice comments came from seeing his picture.  

Within a few hours, I emailed my families:


Hello, you excited big family! Isn't it wonderful to have a new baby to think about and love?

Just a side note: Great Auntie said he is so cute. She said, too, that everyone is anxious to hold that cute baby. 

But in my mind, the best comment she made is this one, "He looks like, 'What in the heck did I just go through?' "      

And when you look at his face you can see his thoughts, "What was that ?" and another of his thoughts: 

"I was in my cozy water room, expecting to see the most beautiful surroundings as the angels had told me, and then I was squished by heavy breathing, into a tight little corridor; those angels never told me about that part! and I thought I'd never get through that hallway; then all of sudden, the brightest lights ever, shone in my eyes, and the voices oohing, aahing, and trying to whisper, but they were so excited over I don't know what, and it was like shouts! The angels had told me to be patient, and not to cry too much, and I'm still pondering,  wondering where in the  world I am. I don't know these human persons, but I do recognize some voices! One of them gave me some warm food, thank goodness, because my throat was dry. I think I'm going to like that food." 


Awww, he's here at last! And we are most grateful!

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...


























No comments:

Post a Comment