Monday, March 3, 2014

At Last A Decent Snow; Horizontal Snowfall !!!!

Monday, March 3, 2014.

I woke up to snow this morning, that was covering the lawns and most of the sidewalks. What an amazing sight! It felt as if I was back up in the 'North Country'! It was so cold this morning, I stuck my camera out the back door to take a couple of shots there, and then the front lawn through the glass outside door. The front porch/patio has a welcome mat to wipe your feet on, and that was covered with snow! Yippee ay yay! And across it, near the door was a lovely track of bird feet! I was quite thrilled, and shot a picture of that. 

A couple of minutes ago, at 11:35 a.m., I opened the front door to see if the weather was changing, and in this view, you can see the house sidewalk, the public sidewalk, and the street going north and south. I was rather shocked to see snow coming furiously from north to south, horizontally right down the street, about the height of a car and lower. It was absolutely horizontal! The wind is fierce, the cold is very biting; the sidewalks and street are rather dry. The snow was crazily racing just like the race cars in Pocono races in Pennsylvania.  

Now at almost noon, the welcome mat is completely covered again from another snowfall. 
The tracks of the bird feet are covered up, gone.

The wind certainly blows the snow pell-mell, in its desire to act like a racing car. On TV a few of the reporters covering this awful storm look so cold and shivery while they're talking into the microphone. One girl had no hat on late last night, holding her umbrella up with her hand  just under the wires in it, looking so cold. About an hour ago I turned on the TV to catch the weather condition, and there she was, out in a very snowy place by a road, IN A WARM HAT!  She didn't look as if she was freezing, this time. The reporters do cover bad weather reports quite well, in all kinds of weather, just like the Pony Express. 

I keep wondering how much longer this awful winter will be hanging around. Poor, poor robins! Just yesterday I saw them gaily hopping around on the lawns up and down the street, looking for worms. And now, I am wondering where in the world they are hiding to keep warm? 

One of my daughters lives up in the 'North Country' (N. Syracuse), emailed saying that the windchill was minus 15 this morning and will be even colder tomorrow. Brrrrrrrr. 

It is very hard to believe that northern Mississippi is so very cold this year. 

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment