Friday, March 28, 2014

Thunderclaps; Grocery Shopping; I Don't Like the Storms.

Thursday, March 27, 2014. Thunderclaps; Grocery Shopping; I Don't Like the Storms.

Did you know that I really don't care for thunderstorms? It is an honest statement, 't is. The rumbling far away is all right, but when those bingety-bangety noises begin to come closer, I don't like it. I cannot hide under the bed, because there are too many things hiding already under the bed. My storage place, partly. 

About 3:30 p.m., I looked outdoors, it wasn't too bad, a little stormy-looking, but that's all right. about 30 or 40 minutes later, there were those quite loud thunderclaps. Not really directly over this roof, but close enough to tell me that it was coming closer. The outdoors looked rather ominous, dark, scary, but I just took a deep breath and I was all right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was almost finished shopping at the grocery today, I thought of a nice aromatic roasted chicken, so I went to the stand in the store that has rotisserie chicken. This particular one was rather small, so I bought it. I was so eager to get it home and open the package! It was quite warm, and I opened it up when I came into the kitchen. I like to have a couple of bites immediately when I see a food like this. 

Then I thought it might be a good idea to take all the meat off, so I could simmer the complete carcass to make some wonderful chicken broth. I did that; it took about a half hour. The broth is all done, and cooling off so I can put it in the fridge. I am going to simmer the carcass again to see if a good broth will come out of the second simmering.   

Now, as I am writing this, I see a couple of lightning flashes! THAT I do not like. I do have my little flashlight in my pocket. Uh-oh! a very loud roll of very close thunder just gathered over my roof. I ...  DON'T ...  LIKE ... THISSSSSSS! 

I can now hear the pounding on the roof of rain, like a downpour! I just looked out at the front door, and it is a hard rain. Am I ever glad that I could get the grocery shopping done before this happened! I am inside my little adobe, and some of the groceries are put away. I am a bit tired, so the rest of the groceries don't mind if I put it off for a while. I made some popcorn a little while ago, and I ate some. I shall eat some more later. It helps my morale.  

The nearby rumbles of thunder come and go up and down the street ...no, not ON the street, but up above, OVER the street. They even go over to the next neighborhood on the street beyond this one. 

I just happened to think of our family doggies, they must be rather scared to hear thunder. They do react to the thunderclaps and rumbling, trying to hide somewhere to avoid hearing them. My sister's dog goes into their inner bathroom, to hide from the thunderstorm. Some doggies like to huddle near their owners. Poor little things. If they could only talk and ask us to hold hands with them.  

The forecast says that we may get two more days/nights of thunderstorms.  

I'll stop here and find a hiding place for me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment