Monday, March 10, 2014

Now and Then There Are Bits and Pieces.

Monday, March 10, 2014.

Good Afternoon, my darlings, 

I found a note from long ago on which I had written, "Annemarie says that a baby raccoon is a 'racquette'."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was in the mid-50s this afternoon. It feels cold in the house, so I wear my sweater. I have the same question that Aunt Regina says so often: "Where is Spring?" I think almost everyone is wondering the same thing. 

Tuesday night might be rainy. Wednesday, possibly, rainy also, and a little cooler during those nights. 

Do you want any more silly news??? What if I don't think it's silly?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Somehow, something grabbed me from the garage where I was working, and pushed me into my closet! I think it was a big impulse! In one place in there, it was getting a bit crowded, so I took a few things out. I sat on the bed and looked at some thin nightgowns. Not for winter, those. 

I spied a white plastic bag, with something soft inside. It is a fuzzy-yarned crocheted afghan of mauve color. A different kind of stitch that I really enjoyed making. It looks so pretty. I took it out to the front porch to shake out any dust that might be on/in it. I shook it out and there WAS some dustiness and fibers, from the yarn. In the daylight, the color is really beautiful.  
mauve |mōv; môv|
adjectiveof a pale purple color.nouna pale purple color a few pale streaks of mauve were all that remained of the sunset glowing with soft pastel mauves and pinks.historical:  a bright but delicate pale purple aniline dye prepared by William H. Perkin (1838–1907) in 1856. It was the first synthetic dyestuff. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You probably know all about those plastic drawers that you get at Walmart, Kmart, Target. Well, I've had them for quite a few years already. There are two medium-sized stands of them in my closet. I opened one drawer, and there were some small boxes. One had some of my 'long-lost' earrings! How exciting to see them again! 

Another drawer has art supplies like watercolors, oil pastels, crayon pastels, colored pencils, magic markers (three little boxes of them), and Crayola crayons! Not too long ago The Grapevine told me that Esther doesn't let anyone use her Crayola crayons.   [ I understand you so very well, Esther! ]   If any kids want to come and color in the coloring books with me, they must bring THEIR OWN Crayola crayons!  ~~~~~    JUST KIDDING, FOLKS! I would definitely let them use my Crayola crayons,   ~  the ones that have already been used! ~ I have two little metal bandaid boxes of them, and one regular box with definitely-used Crayola crayons!    So come one, come all, and I will even let you color in one of my coloring books!   ;-)       
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I almost went outdoors in the backyard to trim the rosemary bush, which has suffered quite a bit during this very hard winter. It isn't used to such frigid temperatures. The wind was so strong in its gusts (almost strong in its guts, too), that I changed my mind for today. As Scarlett says, " Tomorrow IS anutha day! "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is your Chuckle For Today: "Apple has announced that it is developing a computer small enough to be carried in a fanny pack. It will be called the Macintush." 

I will see you at the Corner Post ...




No comments:

Post a Comment