Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I Woke Up to Scraping, ...;

Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

Good morning, dears. 

I woke up to scraping, banging, sliding noise, and wondered what it was. Then I remembered that the man next door on the north side, said about ten days ago when I happened to go outside to discard trash and he was washing his vehicle, that a crew of roofers would be coming to put a new roof on his house in the near future. 

The scraping is caused by a shovel-kind of tool that scrapes all of the shingles off the roof. Plain sheets of wood which is the under-roof are a very light-colored tan. The crew of four Hispanic men have uncovered the whole roof in about 90 minutes. One is on the ground picking up the torn shingles and filling wheelbarrows of the now-trash, and wheeling it up onto their open trash-carrier. I can hardly wait to hear the hammering of attaching the new shingles to the roof for a few hours... NOT! 

I went out to bring my recycle bin off the street back to its place by the garage, and had my camera hung around my neck. I took quite a few shots of the action, after I asked them permission, of course. A little later, while I was shooting, they were talking in their language, and my mind smiled at what they could have been talking about. I'm glad they are wearing warm jackets and head covers because it is so cold from the freezing storms we had a day or two ago. 

I was getting cold; I didn't intend to stay outdoors very long.  So then I went back into the house to make a new little addition to the cabbage soup I pulled out of the freezer. I like the original soup, but it's sort of lacking something like browned onion slices.  

A little later I shall go to see how the roof is coming along. I've seen a couple of roofing activities a few houses away, and now I can see one up close!  

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment