Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Excitement at having a blogspot...

What a gorgeous day this one turned out to be, weather-wise, temperature is 85, with lots of sun, and nice warm breezes. Melanie came over to get my blog started. That was nice of her: she needs a lot of patience with me, because my brain isn't a computer brain. I guess I'm an old-fashioned person.

I came across the very precious drawing done by Billy Carter, the Carters' firstborn, just a couple of days ago. I thought it was the perfect subject of the first posting on my blog. Of course, I'm VERY excited with my new blogspot.

One of the topics I'd like to discuss is lipstick. Yes, lipstick. I always wore it, not terribly bright red, but softer colors. As I got older, I didn't wear it a lot. Some women asked, "Where is your lipstick?" I guess it is a faux pas to be without it in public.

I looked in the mirror, and realized, yes, I do look a bit pale without it, since my complexion is fair, not ruddy. (It used to be ruddy during that long phase called menopause.) So this year I began to wear lipstick again. I like the muted red colors. I'd love to see MaryAnn again, so she would notice that I do wear lipstick sometimes.

MaryAnn has a pool at her house, and friends and family come to play in it, in the summertime, of course - she and her husband live in a wintry state - and they all have the most marvelous time playing Marco...................................Polo, a lot. It is such fun watching them. I always watched, when I went to her house, because I cannot swim.

I've eaten my dinner, done up the dishes, and now I think I shall read for a while. I have found that if I don't read for a while, like three or four months because I'm extremely busy unpacking boxes and stuff, I begin to be cranky. I guess I didn't realize that reading truly is a therapeutic exercise. So I have been reading every evening for a while, and it has made me sweet and lovable.

I'll see you at the Corner Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment