Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What Spices Go With Black Beans?

June 25, 2013.  

Good day, my dear chefs, and diners, 

I am making a meal in a frying pan, beginning with a little olive oil and butter, simmering black beans with onion, garlic, green peppers, tomato juice, a tablespoon of raw white rice, and seasonings. I went online to get an idea of what seasonings to use. This page came up, and I am sending it to you, just in case you might like to try some of these beans and seasoning combinations. (The first one is ADUKI beans. I thought they were Adzuki beans.) 

I'm getting hungry, now, just looking at this list. Can't wait to have my dinner ~ it smells so good. The  seasonings I put in are these: Dijon mustard, cumin, thyme, a little oregano, basil, a bit of cayenne pepper, rosemary, and a teaspoon of cider vinegar. I just tasted half a teaspoonful of the food. Not bad! Not bad at all. Except that perhaps I used a tad too much of cumin. I do like experimenting and exploring when I cook.  

• Aduki Beans: coriander, cumin, ginger
• Black Beans: bay leaf, chile peppers, cilantro, coriander, cumin, epazote, garlic, ginger, oregano, parsley, savory, thyme
• Black-Eyed Peas: bay leaf, cayenne, chile peppers, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric
• Cannellini Beans: parsley, sage, savory, tarragon, thyme
• Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans): cardamom, cilantro, coriander, cumin, fennel, garlic, ginger, mint, paprika, parsley, rosemary
• Fava Beans: basil, cilantro, cumin, fennel, garlic, mint, parsley, rosemary, sage, savory, thyme
• Flageolet Beans: parsley, savory, thyme
• Kidney Beans: bay leaf, cumin, fennel, oregano, parsley, sage, savory, thyme
• Lentils: bay leaf, cardamom, cilantro, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, curry, ginger, mint, parsley, oregano, thyme, turmeric
• Lima Beans: cilantro, mint, parsley, sage
• Mung Beans: cilantro, coriander, cumin, ginger
• Navy Beans: basil, bay leaf, garlic, parsley, savory, thyme
• Pinto Beans: chile peppers, cilantro, cumin, oregano, parsley, savory

I'll see you at the Corner Post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment