Thursday, June 27, 2013

This Is A Really Odd Day!

June 27,  2013.

Hello, family: I am sitting at the computer working on one of my projects, and the window is only 5 feet away from me, facing north. I heard some rumbling that sounded like movers, but movers "up there" somewhere. Sunny! I see sunshine on the ground, through the window. The house next door is right there, so I don't see any sky. 

Then I heard a FedEx plane go by so close, as usual because the airport is only ten minutes away, and it made a loud noise. Oh, I thought, it's the airplanes, they go by twice a day, about fifteen or twenty planes departing in early morning, and then again in the afternoon. I went back to my project. 

Again, there was that rolling sound, a little more explicit and loud. I went to the front door (west) to check out the sky, I just couldn't believe it!  It was sunny and no storm in sight. So I went to the back of the house (east) to look through the bathroom window, and sure enough, the sky was quite dark, with that stormy color of odd deep blue, and I also heard the next thunder raps. 

I came back to the computer, and the graphic picture on the weather page does not show any kind of storm! I haven't seen such a mysterious thing for a lonnnnng time.  

Ooooh, it's thundering again. I would like some rain to cool things down outdoors, but not such a thunderstorm. It seems that it's going to be a strong one. Maybe. Perhaps. I hope not. 

I just looked out the east window, and the stormy overcast sky seems to be so small, not broad and wide as most of the thunderstorms are. This one seems to be a 'skinny-ma-link' storm. But golly, it just rumbled so near and scary, I'm getting jittery. 

Okay, now, here is another mystery for me to figure out. The term 'skinny-ma-link' popped out of my brain as I was writing the previous paragraph, and I don't know from where! So I googled it and found it immediately! The first link has "Skinny Malinky Long Legs". 

I faintly remember hearing someone say, of some skinny child, "You're a skinny malink!" It could have been meant for me, because I wasn't fond of eating when I was very young. Someone said I was a picky eater and skinny. (I'm not, anymorrrrre!)

Another link is http://www.mamalisa.com/blog/to-the-gnat-a-poem-with-mp3-recording/ 

Try it, you might like it. 

Oh, now I see, the graphic on the computer is showing that the storm that just made all those rumbles is heading for Olive Branch, and several more of those smallish thunderstorms are heading southeast to Memphis, from Jonesboro, Arkansas. I'll have a little respite now. But watch out later! 


I'll see you at the Corner Post ...


No comments:

Post a Comment